Friday, October 16, 2009

An Apology

Dear Spain,

I'm sorry that I used to insult your cuisine to anyone who would listen. I hope you will understand that my last experience in your country consisted of many Boca-Burger looking patties, the Spanish version of the Hot Pocket, and living off of Kebobs and free tapas...AKA never eating meat outside of the kebob varietal (which some may question as being meat in the first place...)

I had certainly never been to a Spanish steak house, where I could get a very large steak cooked perfectly for 10€...



Nor had I ever been out for tapas that you had to pay for, and thus had only eaten whatever came my way in the bars and taverns of Granada...



And I certainly had never tasted the deliciousness that are cold prawns... although eating the little guys with the shells and feelers etc. was a bit too much for me...





So, although I still think you are a bit strange with your obsession with eggs, cured ham, olives, and fried food in general, I am looking forward to continuing my culinary adventure here and finding more of the hidden treasures you have to offer.

Sincerely, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment