Sunday, March 21, 2010

Update of a Lifetime

Dear Readers, (I think there might be 3 of you at most) I'm sorry for being so lazy with this blog! In addition to being busy, I haven't always had the best internet connection... and I have reallllly been slacking! But, starting now, I will update you on the past three months of my life and I promise to make it exciting...

Where I've Been in the Past 3 Months:

- Visited the beautiful Spanish town of Ronda and drove through the mountains stopping in the famous Pueblos Blancos (White Villages)
- Experienced a true Spanish New Year's Eve and Epiphany (El Día de los Reyes Magos) complete with 12 grapes at midnight, and a King's Cake...
- Went to Morocco (and still didn't like it too much!)
- Went to a typical Spanish town called Arcos de La Frontera and tried some fun new Tapas
- Took an AWESOME trip to Belgium and The Netherlands... (Brussels, Bruges, and Amsterdam)

Other Reasons I've Been Busy!

- Spanish Boyfriend
- "Broken" feet (I don't know what exactly I did to my feet but I've been in and out of Doctor's offices for the past 3 months)
- I've moved! As it turns out there were some problems with my old apartment so I made the decision to live with Spanish Boyfriend and a nice girl from Finland...
- I've been cooking... a lot! I hope to write more about some of the great food I've been eating and cooking here
- Work, work, work...
- AND... Rain. I know it sounds funny, but this year Seville has had more rain than in the past 50 or more... we didn't see the sun for almost 2 months! And in a place with no dryers that meant no clean clothes for a long time... and a very crabby Lauren.

Well, thats a short recap. Now, finally the sun is out and Spring has begun! Next week is Semana Santa (Holy Week) and Spanish Boyfriend will leave on Wednesday for Japan while I'm leaving on Saturday for Budapest and Prague. I'm verrryyy excited!

This week I also don't have much work, as students from England, Holland, and Germany are coming to Carmona and I'll be going on field trips with them and some of the Spanish students on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I have off! Friday I have an interview for a job this summer in July working at a summer camp somewhere in Spain.

Well, thats the update for now, pictures and more info. to follow. Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment